Friday, May 30, 2008

Race Plans

My race plans are somewhat more concrete this morning. I lost 3 pounds at my TOPS meeting last night. This morning I found out that they are definitely having the IKEA Montour Trail Half-Marathon on Sept. 6. You have till Sept. 2 to get the pre-registration rate of $28. I feel that is a very generous time limit and very cheap for a half-marathon. If you show up at the last minute, it costs $35, which is still cheap. If I would preregister and be unable to do it, the Montour Trail, which I use for free almost every day anyway, would get the money. So I am going to plan to do this race. I also have an opportunity to walk the Philadelphia Marathon with Prevention Magazine. This would be rather expensive, but I am going to keep it on the back burner, and if I'm motivated after the half-marathon, I may do it. I still hope to run the Pittsburgh Marathon on 5/3/2009. Oh, by the way, I jogged about 4 1/2 miles yesterday--you guessed it--on the Montour Trail.

No comments: