Tuesday, June 3, 2008

June 3

I started back to Sixth Presbyterian on Sunday. It has really grown! The place was packed! They're probably going to have to do something if any more people join. I was very glad to be back. I am very emotional about the youth group's mission trip to Nicaragua. I visited Nicaragua twice and also lived for 9 years in a Nicaraguan neighborhood of San Francisco. I shared with the congregation what a positive impact this has had in my life.

Yesterday, I got a 79 out of 80 on my first psychology test. I am still debating how much psychology I will have to learn given that my career direction involves working with people who will have to make drastic lifestyle changes due to their health problems.

I am wrung out emotionally over the Stanley Cup finals. Last night, they were about to roll out the Cup, the champagne, and the t-shirts when Maxime Talbot scored a goal with 30 seconds left in the game! The Penguins won it in the third overtime period and now trail Detroit 3 games to 2. The series returns to the Burgh Wednesday night. I'm done for! This is really some series. I don't know what they'd do without Marc-Andre Fleury, who is really the main reason they are still in it. I have been to his hometown of Sorel, Quebec at least three times. They must be proud of him there. One time my mother and I stopped at a restaurant in Sorel on Halloween and my poor mother went nuts with the restaurant personnel trying to get her to pay the bill in French. I don't think they speak much English in Sorel. Luckily, I speak French and the bill got paid. Marc-Andre's English is pretty good considering he gave an interview in English last night after single-handedly keeping the Pens in the series after 5 1/2 periods of superhuman effort.

No comments: