Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Training for Marathon

Yesterday I jogged four miles to train for the Pittsburgh Marathon. I jogged three miles during the day on the last leg of the Montour Trail. I parked at the big commuter parking lot in Large, PA and jogged along Peters Creek. It was just beautiful! I didn't get all the way to Clairton, which is where the trail ends. It starts in Coraopolis, PA. I've been on that section too. It winds some 50 miles through all kinds of areas skirting Pittsburgh. I've done quite a bit of it. I particularly like the section around Cecil with the curved railroad tunnel. I did a 10K there once. The section from Large to Clairton is about 6 miles from my house. It's totally flat and really a shady, pleasant place. That section of the trail is paved. I've started out on mostly flat surfaces to just get my distance and speed up. Later, I jogged another mile around the house and used the one road near my house which is relatively flat. The Detroit Red Wings won the conference finals, so they will face our Penguins starting Saturday night in the last battle for the Stanley Cup. GO PENS!

No comments: