Friday, August 15, 2008

TOPS, etc.

Not much has been going on other than I have been jogging regularly on Rostosky Ridge Road. I do not have too much trouble getting up the very steep hills. I no longer have to stop in the middle of any hill. I am able to get up all of them, so it is just a matter of going faster. I enjoy parking at the riverfront park and getting to watch the Monongahela River where it is very wide and peaceful, just before the city of Monongahela. I enjoy all the dogs I see along the way and getting to meet various children and their cats. One gray and white cat, Zipper, meets me almost every day and lets me pet him. He is a beautiful cat. I got to hold some older orange and orange and white kittens and also got to hold a three-day-old orange and white kitten. I also work out at the Mon Valley YMCA.

I lose weight every week at TOPS. Fairly soon, I will reach my goal, hopefully, and be a KOPS. Last night I won the jackpot at TOPS and couldn't believe it! Everyone contributes a quarter per pound gained to a jackpot. There is a drawing every week. If the person is not there, they don't get the jackpot. If they are there but have gained weight, they don't get the jackpot. There has not been a winner in weeks. I was present and had lost weight and my name was drawn, so I won $31.75!!!!

No comments: