Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Fort Ligonier

Yesterday Kimberly and I visited Fort Ligonier. I haven't visited it since I was a kid, and Kimberly has never seen it. Kimberly really enjoyed it and learned a lot about the Native Americans in the area. There are some very good books on Native Americans at the gift shop. We got one book which has given us a lot more information on the Delaware Indians. We are planning on attending a Delaware pow wow weekend after next. I got another book on bead work. I already have an extensive library on bead work which I brought with me from San Francisco. I also had purchased a loom there. This book will add to my knowledge and Kimberly and I will do some bead work during the cold winter days. I have a big supply of beads I accumulated when I first moved back to Pennsylvania. We also went to feed the famous feral cat at the Linn Run State Park cabins. I was told by the current occupant of the cabin where the cat lives that her name is Whinnie and she is 12 years old. She belonged to an elderly lady who died. We then got eight bottles of Grove Run Spring water. After that, we visited my lot in Rector. I came face to face with an adorable fawn hiding out in the trees who took off fast when it saw me. Well, now I am off to the Y. I have three days to work out so I don't gain weight at TOPS on Thursday night. Other than that, back to the daily grind after spending some time in the woods and mountains.

No comments: