Saturday, August 2, 2008

Back from Mt. Mitchell continued

I'm still trying to catch you up on all that has happened. I had to take two additional trips on Monday and Tuesday. Kimberly had some red tape to get straightened out in Columbiana County, Ohio. They gave us quite the runaround, but it sure was fun visiting a number of parks along the way.

Prior to leaving, I went to CCAC and met with Felicia to start my math tutoring, which I will initially do at home by computer. I visited my old office and talked to my ex-boss and a coworker.

We then left for Ohio and first visited Beaver Creek State Park. I've been there a lot. It's really beautiful and is on Beaver Creek before it becomes a river. There is a reconstructed pioneer village and old lock there. I was able to obtain a number of pamphlets of things to do in Ohio. We also visited Lisbon and Salem that day. On the way home, we stopped at Tomlinson Run State Park, and Kimberly and Angel got their first tour of it. Kimberly was very impressed with it. I got a park bumper sticker for my car.

That night I checked out the literature I'd obtained and decided I would like to see Guilford Lake. Kimberly has been there many times. We had to return to Ohio on Tuesday for more red tape. Kimberly got her situation straightened out, finally, and we headed for Guilford Lake. Kimberly has been there many times. I obtained a whole lot more literature on Ohio and we visited the beach, campground, dam, and several places on the lake, which is very pretty. Angel went swimming in the lake and I went wading.

On the way home, we again went to Tomlinson Run State Park to pick out which lots in the campground we would most like to camp at. We're planning to camp there sometime before camping season is over. We also hiked along the summit on the Poe Trail. We then stopped at Raccoon State Park. We visited the lake and then went to the picnic area to walk Angel. After that, we went to the park office and I got more literature! Angel took a swim in Raccoon Creek.

On Wednesday and Thursday, I had to exercise a lot at the Y to lose any weight I'd gained on these three trips so I wouldn't be humiliated at the TOPS meeting. Luckily, I worked any excess off and succeeded in losing at TOPS!

Yesterday, I did yard work all day in hopes of continuing to be a loser. Today, I am going to check out the Coopers Rock State Forest in Morgantown, WV. Kimberly and Angel are too tired to go, but I will check out the place to see what might appeal to them in this area. Okay, I'm caught up, I think, and will write about Coopers Rock in my next post.

No comments: