Sunday, August 10, 2008

Keystone State Park

Yesterday I spent some time at Keystone State Park. It is about 40 miles from where I live near Latrobe, PA. Kimberly and I had checked it out before and I was anxious to visit it. I've decided it is a perfect place for me to visit regularly during the warm summer months. I've been looking for just the right place, and this is it. It offers about six miles of trails, which is not a whole lot for someone like me. However, it offers a relatively easy, level jog around the lake and campgrounds. You can jog between two and three miles. It has a wonderful beach and bathhouse. The bathhouse is brand new, modern, and clean. The view is very soothing from the beach. I've been looking for a place where, on summer days, I can jog in a pretty environment and then swim. Now I've found the place! I jogged around the lake and cabin areas yesterday. I stopped at the park office and got some literature. The water was nice and warm in the lake. It wasn't a hot day, so I swam and then was able to lay out for awhile.

No comments: