Sunday, September 14, 2008

This May Come As A Shock

In the past few days, there has been a shocking turnaround in my plans. I have been going through a bit of a crisis, and I wasn't sure what was wrong. I was not feeling happy and didn't know exactly why, so I was expressing emotions in all kinds of crazy directions. I was even having fantasies of running away! Well, the crisis has been resolved in perhaps an unusual manner, and this is even a surprise to me. I have decided to go back to some old plans which I thought were probably completely in the past. I've decided I probably will go to massage therapy school before I go to grad school. I'm intending to do this pretty soon. There are a number of reasons for this. The economy is really bad and I need to study something I can finish pretty soon to make a living. What I was originally going to train to do would have been at least three years in the future. I was in a very bad mood about getting a part-time job to get me through grad school. I'm really tired of doing work I hate. I wasn't sure how much trouble I would have finding a job I like where I could help people. I didn't want to wait three years. I want to do something I like, where I can help people, and where I can be more intimate with people. Also, my health has improved DRAMATICALLY just as a result of the small amount of weight I've lost through TOPS and exercise. It is evidence that it really can do wonders for a person even to lose a small amount of weight. I say, eat healthy, exercise, and lose ANY weight you can, even if it's not much. It will help. I now feel I'm in shape to be a massage therapist.

Another thing that has influenced me to be a massage therapist is that I have seen the results of helping people. A few years ago, when my mother was still alive, she had a cleaning lady with arthritis in her neck. I greatly helped this woman and relieved her pain by giving her massages. I have also helped Kimberly a lot who has very bad neck and upper back problems by giving her massages.

I still want to be an exercise physiologist and health psychologist. But by taking this short detour to become a massage therapist, I can have a job I like which will help others and connect me with others to help me support myself through grad school.

No comments: