Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Back from Shawnee

I had a wonderful time at Shawnee. We stayed in the pet area. We had the best site we have ever had. It was perfect weather and I got lots of exercise. I love it there.

I have abandoned my thoughts of going to massage therapy school because of the bad economy. I have decided I absolutely have to train for some type of stable decent paying career, so I am going to go to grad school somehow. I don't know if anyone can safely save for retirement anymore, so I'm trying to plan for rewarding and decent careers I can work at into my 70's, 80's, and 90's.

I worked for many years as a secretary to please others who felt that the most important thing was for me to be employed. I really hated that job, but it seemed I could always get a job doing that. Now that career path is becoming obsolete and going away. I always felt I should train for some more stable profession, but I couldn't get that through to other people. In any case, you can't live on what secretarial jobs pay in this area now and there is intense competition for them. They no longer provide any permanent employment or benefits. They tend to only be temporary jobs. I feel that the only option I have is to go to grad school and train for some type of profession, even if I have to relocate to find a job. I have a couple things to do this coming weekend--attend the Dorseyville pow wow and the TOPS picnic. After that, I'm getting serious and everything is about my education.

No comments: