Monday, September 15, 2008

More on My Massage Career

I forgot to mention in my post this morning that I acquired some unique gear for my profession at a rock bottom price. On Saturday, my cousin Alan took me to the preparations for a big yard sale. Apparently, a distant cousin of mine is 100 years old and going into a nursing home. They are selling off the contents of her house. Since we're related somehow, we were invited to come see the stuff before it was displayed, and they would sell us something if they could figure out a price and felt comfortable. Anyway, with everything strewn about a garage and a bunch of rooms, it was really hard to make a decision on anything, so I will attend the sale when everything is organized. Up in the bedroom were two of those foam mattress pads bidridden people use so they will not develop pressure sores. I already have one. Well, massage therapists love these things for doing massages on the floor, such as Thai or Shiatsu. I think the guy thought I was a little weird showing interest in such items. Someone like me who runs up steep hills does not look particularly bedridden. In any case, he really thought they were junk no one would want and was grateful to be rid of them. So he sold them to me for $1 a piece. I am now the proud owner of three foam mattress pads for my massage business!

Several days ago, I obtained a leaflet displaying the specials at Flying J Truck Stop this fall. They had a special on very nice Mexican blankets. So I took them up on this and found an excellent blanket to put on top of the foam mattress pads. It is in Southwest type colors, which are the most soothing, in my opinion.

Kimberly is supposed to build me a massage table shortly. She found directions on the internet. Therefore, I'll have my mattress pads, my blanket, and my table and will be ready to get started in some form anyway.

Another thing I'd like to mention about possibly choosing massage therapy as my career, at least temporarily. I've thought and thought, and I can't see how a massage can be outsourced to India!

No comments: