Friday, September 12, 2008

Hunting and the Election

I have come to the conclusion that I am really disgusted by the fact that candidates have to prove that they hunt and like guns to get votes. I do not want to vote for the same person as hunters and gun owners. I realize that probably hunting needs to be allowed to control the wild animal population. I know there are hunters who are responsible people and care about nature. I hang out with a lot of Native Americans, and hunting is a big part of their culture. Although it really turns me off that Palin is so much into guns and hunting, I know it is part of the culture up there. Also, I have a cousin, Gary, whom I love very much, and he killed a caribou. I have another cousin who hunts a lot and I like him too. But I'm sick of everyone from Palin, to Bill Clinton, to John Kerry, etc., having to prove they hunt and kill animals in order to get votes. I'm a vegetarian and this disgusts me. Cheney hunted and ended up shooting a person. Hopefully, Palin is more skilled and has a better aim and won't shoot one of her friends! I don't know if Joe Biden hunts. I also doubt Barack Obama hunts, but maybe he does. If Joe and Barack start trying to prove they hunt, I probably won't vote.

No comments: