Monday, September 15, 2008

New Career Direction

I am going to Shawnee again some time this week. Naturally, at this time of year, and with it being chilly, I'm not going to swim. It is supposed to be wonderful weather, however. I am planning to jog and walk a lot. I will, unfortunately, have to miss the debut of The Biggest Loser, but I'll do my best to watch the rest of the episodes this fall. The next weekend I have two things to do. I will be attending the pow wow at Dorseyville. I'll probably do that on a Saturday. On Sunday the 28th, I am attending the TOPS picnic. After all of this, I'm committed to getting down to business, and everything is going to be about my school work, jobs, yard work, house cleaning, exercise, etc.

I am feeling more and more that going to massage school soon is the right thing to do. With the economy being so bad, I need to get certified in something I can look for work in soon. I just don't feel comfortable starting on something that is three years or more in the future. As I said yesterday, the weight loss and exercise very dramatically improved my health, way beyond any of my expectations. I feel in shape to be a massage therapist now. Another major consideration is clothing. I have to pick something to do just so I know what types of clothing to look for. I can't afford to have one wardrobe for working at a health club, another wardrobe for secretarial work, and another wardrobe for being a massage therapist, and maybe even another for some other type of part-time job. I get all my clothing at thrift shops, yard sales, flea markets, or on sale. I have an idea what I would feel comfortable wearing to be a massage therapist while still looking well-groomed. So at least I can start to work on finding some of these types of clothes at thrift shops.

I feel that I'll just go through the school and start looking for a job. If the economy stays bad, I'll just dedicate myself to working for awhile. If it improves a bit, I'll think more of going to grad school part-time and working part-time.

No comments: