Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Economic Crisis

I've stopped panicking over the economic crisis and have taken it as a major wake up call. I always try to turn adversity into something positive and learn from it. What I have learned is that the cowboys and clowns who continue to run this country will always put any savings or retirement of any American in jeopardy. Therefore, as I've always known, retirement is not an option. It is always better to have a profession that you can practice until you are no longer able. This crisis has really made me focus on that reality. Therefore, all my energy will now be directed in this endeavor. I have been hoping to get a masters in exercise physiology that would concentrate on helping people with or at risk for chronic disease because of previous lifestyle factors. I want to work with people who are suffering from obesity and/or heart disease and/or type II diabetes, etc. etc. to help them recover their health. I further hoped to eventually become a health psychologist. I feel with the number of Boomers who will need this type of help, I could work at such a career until I'm no longer able. Therefore, this crisis has caused me to redirect my energies in this direction. I don't trust any of the clowns who end up in power in this country to protect anything I save for retirement or social security, for that matter, so I am taking steps to work for my money as long as possible.

No comments: