Saturday, October 18, 2008

CNBC

CNBC is this channel no one watched until the current financial meltdown. Suddenly, everyone started watching it. Therefore, other channels felt they suddenly had to compete to get people back.

There is an extremely annoying individual named Cramer on CNBC. I can't even listen to him and if he is on, I usually change the channel to CNN or FOX. He is actually free advertising for these channels. So I am not sure why they have to advertise that he is an idiot and they have better financial experts.

One night I did watch him for a few minutes. This was only because he was being interviewed by someone else. That's the only way he is coherent. Anyway, he was all doom and gloom and I don't even agree with him that things are as bad as he says. However, assuming he is correct, here is what he says the new US will be like. People won't be able to just go to the mall and mindlessly shop. People might just have to stay at home and spend time with their family. People might not be able to afford tickets to the playoff game. They might have to sit around the TV with their loved ones to watch it. He says the US will be a sadder place because of this. At this point, I changed the channel--I'm not sure whether it was to CNN, FOX, ESPN or what, but the channel I changed to didn't need to waste their time advertising that they had something better than Cramer on!

1 comment:

liggy girl said...

doesnt sound so bad does it :-p. A wake up call fore society!! also i find the media is horrid....